Tuesday 15 September 2015

Being Lipstick Brave





So last year when the whole dark purple/berry lip colour thing became a trend, I bought myself the Mac 'Media' lipstick. When it arrived I was so excited to try it and loved it. That was until I walked into the bedroom and asked Mitch what he thought, and out came the dreaded words of... 'It's alright.'
Any girl will know that what he might as well have said is 'have you seen what you've put on your lips?' 'Alright' was not the right answer. 'Alright' is not what we are striving for here, 'alright' is in fact so very far from what we are aiming for that you might as well have have laughed in our face and told us we look a disgrace. So basically, after the 'alright' comment, the lipstick came off and went straight to the back of the makeup drawer.

So, a year later I'm having a look on good ol' Ebay for a new lipstick (I'm on a student budget so no judging), when I saw 'Diva' and quite frankly, fell in love, and that's when I remembered poor old Media sitting at the back of the drawer. But that's when I realised, what the heck do boys know about makeup? They are completely clueless as to what makeup actually looks good, and most importantly it's my face, so I'll wear the makeup that I like. So in my rage of defiance, I purchased Diva and adored it even more when it arrived.

As with all mac lipsticks, it applies so smoothly but as it's a dark colour you have to be so careful with your lip line, so I bought the Nyx 812 Plum lipliner also from Ebay for just £2.50 which makes it so much easier to get a neat application. The colour looks so autumnal which I adore and I have vowed to myself not to hide this one away.

So, if you have that bold lipstick you've been dying to wear out but feel a tad too shy, it's time to be lipstick brave!

Love Lauryn xo

No comments:

Post a Comment