Thursday 18 June 2015

Summer Nightime Routine

Now that summer is almost upon us, it's time to dig out the fan from the loft and prepare for those sleepless nights of unbearable temperatures and constant daddy long-leg invasions. But those sticky nights aren't all bad, as the arrival of the summer means a re-vamp for the night-time routine...

1. Make Up Wipes
Taking off your makeup after a hot day is one of the best feelings eveeeer. I have super sensitive skin, so I find the Tesco basic makeup wipes the best ones for me as any others break me out. The cucumber scented wipes smell amazing and leave my skin feeling so refreshed.

2. Exfoliator, Toner & Moistouriser
Hot summer days + a face full of makeup = gross skin. I love the Clean & Clear collection for my sensitive skin and make sure I exfoliate a few times a week and tone and moisturiser every night after taking my makeup off... It's the perfect way to cool your face down and get rid of the last bits of makeup!



3. Shower
A cool shower is one of the best ways to wind down before bed in the summer, especially when the nights can get so humid. I've been loving the Radox Feel Glam Berry Burst shower gel as it smells so summery. Instead of spending hours under a hot hairdryer and straighteners after a shower, I tend to french plait my wet hair which means not only do I get easy beach waves the next day but my wet hair helps to keep me cool in the evenings, too.

4. Vaseline Moisturiser Spray
I have been absolutely OBSESSED with this stuff this year! The spray means its so quick to apply and it dries instantly so you completely skip that tacky feeling when you're waiting for moisturiser to dry. The cocoa radiant spray is the nicest smell ever, its like holidays, suncream and happiness in a bottle. And heres a quick tip... if you have sunburn, leave your moisturiser in the fridge for a while and then spray on those red patches... it is heavenly!



5. Light Pyjamas
There's nothing worse than being uncomfortably hot when you're trying to sleep so light pj's are a must! Primark have some fab summer pyjamas that are crazy cheap, like these cute biscuit ones that were a complete steal at £4...



6. Summery Candles
I am such a candle lover... even in the summer. I love lighting candles before I get into bed, it just feels so much more relaxing when your room smells gorge! I've been absolutely loving the Strawberry Rhubarb Marmalade three-wick candle that I bought from Bath & Body Works when I went to America. I'm absolutely gutted that we don't have a B&BW here in the UK but Yankee Candle do some amazing summer scents such as Pink Dragon Fruit and Vanilla Frosting.



7. Cool Blankets
It's time to put away the extra thick winter duvet and bring out the lighter covers! Although a British summer isn't all it's cracked up to be, the nights can be crazy humid so instead of using a duvet, I tend to use a light blanket or throw as a cover, instead. I can't sleep without any cover on so this blanket from Victoria's Secret has been a life saver!



8. Refreshing Drink
While Winter nights were all about being cosy in bed with a mug of hot chocolate, it doesn't mean you can't rewind in bed in the summer, too! Think ahead during the day and leave a refreshing drink in the fridge ready to take up to bed with you. My fave's for the summer are Dragonfruit Vitamin water or a nice cold strawberry milkshake!... and as I have a obsession with pretty drinking glasses (weird, I know) I like to make it a bit more fun with a pretty tumbler.

9. Beating Those Light Nights
I don't tend to suffer too much with this as I'm not normally asleep until it's dark anyway, but if you're one of those unfortunate people who have to be up at the crack of dawn and need an early night, but find it impossible to fall asleep early now that it's light until much later, grab yourself an eye mask. They're the perfect cheap fix to shut out the sun and get that much needed sleep!

Happy Summer, Everyone!

Love Lauryn xo



No comments:

Post a Comment