Monday 6 July 2015

Too Young To Be Engaged?!

So today's post is a little different from normal... it's more my view on a particular topic, but I felt I really wanted to share my view on this, so here we go...

So something I've noticed recently, is that a lot of young people are getting engaged, and along with these engagements, comes the question of 'Aren't you a bit young to be engaged?'. Getting engaged myself at 20, I've had this question asked a number of times, even from close friends, and quite frankly, it frustrates the hell out of me.

As much as I understand that nowadays people want to travel the world, build their career and create a lifetime of memories before they settle down and build a family, I can't even begin to understand why getting married would stop any of these things from happening. If anything, If I chose to travel the world I'd have not just someone, but my best friend, there to do it with. And if I chose to completely change my career path, I'd have someone to support me. No matter what, I'll always have someone there to share the experience with.

I'm not saying that getting married at a young age is the way things should always be done, because of course, that's not the case. Getting engaged, and then married, should be done when you're 100% certain you've found 'the one', which I know I have, but as for dissing people that choose to do it young - not cool.

People feel that you lose your freedom when you tie the knot, but if that's really not that case, being engaged doesn't prevent you from doing anything, and in my experience, it heightens any experience you go through, knowing that someone special has shared it with you. You can still go on those girls nights out, and you can still visit those exotic locations you've always dreamt of visiting, but instead of returning home with a kebab and a cold bed, or taking that lonesome selfie... you have your best friend right by your side.

So whatever you chose, to get married young, old, or even not at all - the most important thing is that you're happy!

Love, Lauryn xo

No comments:

Post a Comment