Wednesday 9 July 2014

July Birchbox!

So I was soo excited when my July Birchbox was delivered this morning and after having a good old nose at the products inside, it's safe to say July is definitely a winner of a box! This months theme was 'Sun, sea and Sand' which was really cute.

For those of you who don't know what a Birchbox is, it's basically a box of 4-6 samples of hair, makeup and lifestyle products. They include brands such as Laura Mercier, Benefit and OPI. It's a great way to test a product before buying it as a lot of them are a bit on the pricey side. They also do a fab rewards system! The subscription is £10 a month but a lot of the time the products add up to waay more than that so in my eyes the box is totally worth it!




Benefit The Porefessional - £24.50

So the first product that caught my eye was the 7.5ml Benefit Porefessional. I have wanted to try this product for soo long but being a student I have to be careful with what I spend my money on, and a primer was beaten on the priority list by the need to eat (only just!). I have heard so many amazing reviews on this product, and as I suffer from oily skin I've been desperate to find a good primer, so I'm beyond excited to try this out.


This product was the 'lifestyle' extra in this months box, and a girl can never have too many nail files, right?! This has a really cute pattern and is perfect size to keep in your handbag. It also has a 'buffer', 'polish' and 'shine' side to give you that perfect manicure!

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - £20

An eye cream is another thing that's been on my to buy list as you can't rock dark circles with any make up look! The 7ml balance eye cream smoothes, brightens and lifts so it seems like everything you could possibly need in an eye cream. The cream feels really hydrating and moisturising when you apply it and a little certainly goes a long way - now just to see if those dark circles are banished!


Models Own - From £5

This Models Own nail varnish is in shade 170 and its quite a quirky little polish! It reminds me of the type of nail varnish I used to wear when I was little so I can't say I'd wear it all the time but it's definitely something that can be used to spice up your nails on a special occassion. It a varnish made up of sparkly streaks so it couldn't be used on it's own but it would look great over pastel colours. An added bonus is that this one is a full size bottle not a mini!

Whish, Three Whishes Lavender Body Butter - £14.50

The 22ml Whish body butter smells insane! It reminds me of a spa which is always a good thing! I've heard a lot of good things about the whish range but I've never gotten round to trying it out myself so now's the perfect chance. A small sample on the back of my hand felt really hydrating and left my hand really smooth so I can't wait to try it out properly.

Laqa & Co Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Menatour - £14

I adore the colour of this Laqa & Co Lip Lube, it's such a stunning purple called Menatour but it doesn't come out too dark - a perfect splash of colour if you're sporting a natural makeup face. It smells quite minty and gives a tingly feeling but it also feels soo smooth when it's on and it applies really nicely. I'd definitely be interested to look into the rest of this range and it's a really good size that will definitely last a while.


So this month was box of little beauties! I am so pleased with all of the products and I cannot wait to try them all out properly. July was definitely a success so I can't wait for August! If you haven't already subscribed to Birchbox head over to their website www.birchbox.co.uk and use the code NEW14 for free shipping on your first box!

See you next time!

Love Lauryn xo



No comments:

Post a Comment